Suitable for both meat and fish. Also, as a vegetarian dish with other grilled vegetables.
- Half the tomatoes – use medium-sized tomatoes
- Remove part of the juice and seeds (so that herbs fit into the tomato and it cooks)
- Season the tomatoes with salt, pepper, honey (sugar), balsamic cream
- Bake in a pan or charcoal grill for a few minutes- in a pan, cook on both sides
- Before the end of baking add the herbs: oregano, thyme, basil- according to the taste
Since the tomato is acidic, the sweet should be added more than salt or balsamic cream. Add the herbs only at the end of the baking, otherwise they will simply burn.